Sea creatures found on en.wikipedia.org
Hello fellow Marine Biologists! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more interesting sea creatures. Now, let’s go for a dive!
- Pacu (Colossoma macropomum) Size: Up to 3.5 ft Weight: Up to 88 pounds Habitat: South America
The Pacu is an incredibly creepy fish that’s related to the piranha. The fish has square human-like teeth and a slight overbite. Despite its unsettling appearance the Pacu only eats plant material. They can be found in pet shops, and are also known as “vegetarian piranha”.
- Spookfish (Macropinna microstoma) Size: Under 20 cm Habitat: 400-2,500 m deep
The Spookfish is a very strange creature that lives in the deep sea. It has large telescopic eyes and a long, slender body. It doesn’t have teeth, and its eyes help them see in the dark ocean.
Foods found on en.wikipedia.org
Hello fellow food lovers! It’s Friday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more delicious foods. Now, let’s dig in!
- Joumou is a savory dish that comes from Haiti. It’s a soup that’s made from winter squash, plantains, beef, vegetables, and potatoes. It’s eaten traditionally on New Years Day.
- Halo-halo is a sweet dish that comes from the Philippines. It’s made from sweetened kidney beans, sugar palm fruit, rice, tapioca, nata de coco, coconut, plantains, sweetened chickpeas, gulaman, cheese, and sweet potato. It’s served in a tall glass.
Drinks found on thedrunkenmoogle.com and drinksmixer.com
Hello fellow mixologists! It’s Thursday, and my Pub is open once again! I hope you guys are ready for some awesome drinks. Now, let me fix you up something special!
- 2 oz gin
- 1 tbsp maraschino liqueur
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp raspberry syrup
- fill with soda water
Directions: Shake with ice and strain over ice cubes in a highball glass. Fill with sparkling water and garnish with fresh raspberries.
- Waltz of the Moon (Final Fantasy VII Cocktail) (Drink created by Scrollbar.dk)
- 1 cl Bols Lychee
- 1 cl Bols Banana
- 3 cl Apple Juice
- 2 cl Orange Juice
Directions: Shake with ice and strain into Cocktail glass. Add a lime wedge for a garnish.
All paintings found on larrycarlson.bigcartel.com
Hello fellow art lovers! It’s Monday, and you know what means! Yes, it’s time for us to take a look at some more incredible works. Now, let’s dive into the amazing world of Larry Carlson!
- Poolside by Larry Carlson Pigment print on metallic paper
This is a wonderful piece by “Computer Guru”, Larry Carlson. The work is an outdoor scene with a fiery mesh-covered background. There’s a female figure in the center of the work with a zebra patterned body. The “pool” is also made of mesh, and is a gorgeous light blue. Tell me what you think of this piece in the comments’ section below.
- Full Buck Moon by Larry Carlson Pigment print on metallic paper
Here we have another amazing art piece by “Master Surrealist”, Larry Carlson. This work is an awesome blend of Realism and Surrealism. The bottom of the piece depicts a single buck standing on a rock, which is surrounded by trees. As you gradually rise up, the image gets more psychedelic, and your eyes are met with an amazing rainbow display of shapes. This looks incredibly beautiful, and you can tell that a lot of care went into it. You then get to the “Moon”, which is surrounded by a blue and red aura. I love the look of this work, and I would love to hear your opinions about it in the comments’ section below.
Drinks found on thedrunkenmoogle.com and drinksmixer.com
Hello fellow Mixologists! It’s Thursday, and my Pub is open once again! I hope you guys are ready for some great drinks. Now, let me fix you up something special!
- YRP (Final Fantasy X-2 Cocktail) (Drink created by Scrollbar.dk)
- 2 cl Dark Rum
- 2 cl Bols Peach
- 2 cl Passoa
- 5 cl Apple Juice
- 2 lime wedges
Directions: Shake ingredients and serve with ice in a highball glass. Add lime wedges and enjoy.
- 1 oz Everclear® alcohol
- 6 oz ginger ale
- 1 scoop grape juice concentrate
- 1 handful ice
Directions: Add everclear, muddle in grape juice concentrate then add ginger ale and ice.
Creatures found on yokai.com
Konbanwa, everyone! It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to take a look at some fascinating yokai. Now, let’s go on a journey to the “Land of the Rising Sun”!
- Chirizuka kaio is a very strange creature of Japanese mythology. It’s depicted as a small red oni with a gold crown on its head. It’s known as the “King of Animated Trash”.
- Sarugami are ferocious creatures of Japanese folklore. They’re depicted as large wild monkeys. They can speak the human language, and are extremely intelligent. Almost every human reaction with Sarugami ends with violence, and they can only be slain by brave samurai.
Creatures found in DK’s Ocean: The Definitive Visual Guide and Claire Nouvian’s book, The Deep
Hello fellow Marine Biologists! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more incredible creatures. Now, let’s dive!
- Mauve Stinger (Pelagia noctiluca) Diameter: Up to 5 in Habitat: Open water near the surface of the ocean
The Mauve Stinger is a very dynamic type of jellyfish. This creature can produce bioluminescent light shows, which are admired by people passing by. As the name suggests, this jellyfish’s sting is quite painful. It produces luminous mucus which causes its stingers to glow with intense light. Unlike most jellyfish, this species’ life cycle doesn’t have a fixed stage.
- Squarenose Helmetfish (Scopelogadus beanii) Size: 12 cm Depths Found: 800-4000 m
The Helmetfish is named after the armor that was worn by medieval knights. It has two very strange holes which are this creature’s nostrils. The white strands covering this fishes head is a network of sensory canals.