Foods found on en.wikipedia.org
Hello fellow food lovers! It’s Friday and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more tasty foods. Now, let’s dig in!
- Tilkut is a unique dessert that comes from India. It’s made from sesame seeds, sugar, and jaggery. Gaga is said to have the best Tilkut, and it’s usually eaten during Makar Sankranti.
- Bigos is a stew-based dish that comes from Belarus. It’s translates in English to “Hunter’s Stew”. It’s made with various kinds of chopped meat, cabbage, and sauerkraut.
STRONG PROFANITY WARNING!!
Art found on various websites
Hello fellow gamers! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to cringe profusely at some horrible video game cover art. Now, lets begin this adventure into the detritus of the video game world!
- Fester’s Quest for the NES (1989) Genre: Adventure/Run and Gun
If you have been watching the Angry Video Game Nerd for as long as I have, you have probably seen his review for this game. According to James Rolfe; “This game is ass”! It’s a run and gun adventure game that stars Uncle Fester from the Addam’s Family. Unfortunately, the cover doesn’t do anything to ease the pain! It depicts the titular Fester as a bald, Curly Howard-looking, buffoon with incredibly red lips. He almost gives off the vibe of a pedophile with the strange sneer. There’s also a single spider hanging down from his head. If I can give the artwork any praise, I’d say that the mansion in the distance actually looks pretty good. The piece all together just rubs me the wrong way, and I don’t know if the creator was aiming for this or not. Tell me what you think of this “masterpiece” in the comments’ section below.
- Bust-A-Move Arcade 2 Edition for the Playstation (1995) Genre: Puzzle
I have already discussed one of the crazy covers before in an earlier post, but this one is just Fucked Up! As I said before, Bust-A-Move is an incredibly addicting puzzle game starring the dragons Bub and Bob of Bubble Bobble fame. The game had very cute graphics and exhilarating gameplay. Then we get to the cover, and all I can say is, WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING!!! We have an image that wouldn’t look out of place in a Clockwork Orange! The cover has various bubbles with screaming faces inside. Their eyes are pried open with toothpicks, and they appear to be in great distress. I especially “adore” the tagline; “SO ADDICTIVE…IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL”! It’s crazy, because this is a rated “E” game! I’m going to show the cover, but be warned, it’s really unsettling! Tell me what you think of it in the comments’ section below.
Drinks found on drinkzmixer.com and thedrunkenmoogle.com
Hello fellow mixologists! It’s Thursday, and my Pub is open once again. Make yourself comfortable, and let me present you with today’s drinks. Now, let me fix you up something special! Remember to drink responsibly!
- Into Darkness (Star Trek cocktail) (drink found on thedrunkenmoogle.com and created by NerdFridayShow)
- 2 oz dark rum
- 4 oz ginger beer
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 5 dashes of bitters
Directions: In an old-fashioned glass filled with ice, add rum, Kahlua, lime juice and bitters. Stir. Top with ginger beer. Enjoy!
- Candy Apple Martini (drink found on drinksmixer.com)
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz butterscotch schnapps
- 1 oz Sourz® apple liqueur
- 1 oz cranberry juice
Directions: Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake firmly and pour into cocktail glass. Serve.
Information about fish found in Claire Nouvian’s book, The Deep.
Hello everyone! I wanted to bring back a topic that I thoroughly enjoyed creating. As seen by the title, this post is going to be all about creatures of the deep sea. In my opinion, they are the most fascinating fish to research. It is like they are from another planet, and god do I love it! So, let’s prepare to take a dive into the unknown depths below!
- Red paper lantern medusa (Pandea rubra) Size: 15 cm Depth the creature is found in: 500-1200m
The deep sea is home to some of the most beautiful Jellyfish, and this one is no exception! This gorgeous red creature was found in Japan by the biologist Dhugal Lindsay. The medusa has a strange ability to bend its form into right angles. It was first called the Origami Jelly by scientists in the United States who believed that they were the first to find it. This name did not stick, because of its original discovery in Japan and naming by biologist Lindsay.
- Pigbutt worm (Chatetopterus sp. nov) Size: 2 cm Depths found in: 965-1300m
This is definitely one of the weirdest sea creatures I have ever laid eyes upon. Either the ocean has a sense of humor, or I am going crazy, because I have never thought of seeing a floating butt in the deep sea! This freak of nature is extremely rare, and only ten are known to exist. It was first discovered by a team of MBARI scientists in California. The Butt Worm’s larvae spend most of their time floating in the water column. The worm feeds by inflating a mucus balloon, which collects organic particles on its surface. Aquatic life is weird!
If you guys want a wonderful look at the deep sea, check out this documentary. It’s quite an amazing look into the lives of some truly bizarre creatures.
Attention fellow followers. This is Asher with an important update. Tuesday’s post is going to be changed in the following weeks. I have a couple of ideas for new topics on the blog, and I would like to hear some feedback before I make my final decision.
Listed below are the possible topics. The topic that gets the most votes will become Tuesday’s new post.
Strange Superheroes (?)
Manga Recommendations (?)
Movie Reviews (?)
Book Reviews (?)
I look forward to the results, and I’ll see you all tomorrow for the traditional Wednesday post.
Drinks found on thedrunkenmoogle.com and drinksmixer.com
Hello fellow mixologists! It’s Thursday, and my Pub is open once again! I hope you guys are ready for some more interesting drinks. Now, let me fix you up something special!
- Morgana’s Dark Binding (League of Legends cocktail) (drink created by Nimhain of AlcoLoL and found on thedrunkenmoogle.com)
- 23 ml Advocaat
- 23 ml Cherry Brandy
- 150 ml Lemonade
Directions: Pour all ingredients into a highball glass over ice. Serve with a swizzle stick and stir before drinking.
- Tropical Hibiscus Punch (found on drinksmixer.com)
- 1 part cranberry juice
- 1 part orange juice
- 1 bottle Champagne
- 1 splash pineapple juice
Directions: Combine all ingredients in an iced punch bowl. Serve cold.
Information found on yokai.com
Konbanwa, everyone! It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to look at some more interesting yokai. Now, let’s go on a journey to “The Land Of The Rising Sun”!
- Amemasu are strange creatures of Japanese mythology. They are essentially magical trout with shape-shifting abilities. While Amemasu live in water, they can transform into beautiful women and walk on land. These yokai try to seduce young men, however usually fail due to their clammy skin.
- Jatai are ridiculous creatures of Japanese folklore. They are depicted as animated kimono sashes that resemble white snake. Jatai will become alive at night, and try to strangle men in their sleep!