Hello fellow viewers, this is Asher with a quick announcement. I will be taking a break from the blog for Christmas week. I hope you guys have an awesome Christmas, and I’ll see you all next Monday. 😀
Hello everyone, and welcome to a sad post. As many of you know, Stan Lee passed away today, and I’ve decided to write about influences he’s had on me. I have loved comic books for as long as I can remember, and always seemed to drift towards Marvel Comics. The amazing stories and gorgeous artwork really stuck with me, and the movies completely blew me away. I love that he would add himself as a cameo in all of the films, and use it to break the forth wall. His cameo in Infinity War was very funny and extremely charming as well. My thoughts and prayers go out to Lee’s family, and he will definitely be missed by many other than myself. Tomorrow’s post will be a huge nod to some of my favorite Stan Lee characters. Godspeed Excelsior!
Hello fellow book lovers! It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to take a look at some more crappy covers. Now, let’s begin!
- Living on Gummy Worms by Kirsten Diane Wright Genres: Christian Fiction Release Date: June 25th, 2014 672 Pages
I am not a fan of Christian Fiction, or religious books in general, so guess my surprise when I come across this! Supposedly the book is about how God can solve all of our problems. The cover is completely pathetic, and is just a vomit-green background with purple text.
- Pura Vida by Annette Montez Tolda Genre: Mystery Release Date: May 23rd, 2017) 286 Pages
I find this cover to be quite low budget, but I actually enjoy trashy things like this. The cover is nothing more than a picture of a nun with a gun against a white background. Apparently this book is highly reviewed, as it has a 4.9/5 on Amazon. The cover almost reminds of a cult film poster, and that is a good thing.
NSFW Content Ahead!
Hello fellow Pokemon Trainers! It has been quite some time since our last adventure. It’s time for us to take a look at some more crazy entries. Now, let’s get started!
- Miasmortor (The Miasma Pokemon) #113 Poison/Steel Type Abilities: Prankster (Status moves hit first) or Effect Spore (Leaves status effect inducing spores on contact) Gender Ratio: 50% Male/50% Female Evolves from Miasmer at Level 42 Ht: 3’07” Wt: 76.3 lbs Name Origin: Miasma+Mortar Base Stats: HP: 80, Attack: 110, Defense: 70, Sp. Atk: 90, Sp. Def: 70, Speed: 110 Base Stat Total: 530 (High Attack and Speed) Appearance: A strange purple creature with many steel legs. Immune to Poison. Weak to Fire (2X) and Ground (4X)
Entry: Miasmortor runs at very high speeds by releasing part of its pressurized bodily gas. This does not smell good. (Its cry is “Boing”!)
- Flameboyan (The Flaming Pokemon) #183 Fire/Fairy Type Ability: Rivalry (Boosts the power of moves dealt to foes with the same gender by 25%) Doesn’t Evolve Ht: 2’04” Wt: 20.9 lbs Gender Ratio: 75% Male/ 25% Female Name Origin: Flame+Flamboyant Base Stats: HP: 85, Attack: 62, Defense: 78, Sp. Atk: 92 , Sp. Def: 118, Speed: 25 Base Stat Total: 460 (Highest base Sp. Def of all Fire-Type Pokemon) Appearance: A purple animated fireplace. May also be based on the other definition for “Faggot”, meaning a bundle of sticks. Immune to Dragon. Weak to Poison, Ground, Rock, and Water.
Entry: This Pokemon sure is flaming, all right.
Hello fellow Pokemon trainers! It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to take a look at some more creepy entires. Now, let’s begin!
- Primape aka the most pissed off creature in existence!
Pokemon Sun Pokedex Entry: It will never forgive opponents who have angered it. Even after it has beaten them down until they can’t move, it never EVER forgives. (Jeez, take a chill pil—–*gets punched in the face*)
- Ferrothorn aka Death by spikes!
Pokemon X Pokedex Entry: By swinging around its three spiky feelers and shooting spikes, it can OBLITERATE an opponent. (Not destroy, OBLITERATE!)
Hello fellow Mixologists! It’s Thursday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for me to share some more of my favorite beers. Now, grab a cold one, and let’s get started!
- Hitachino Nest White Ale
Brewed by: Kiuchi Brewery, Japan
This wonderful little beer first caught my attention when I saw it at a restaurant. This was way before I was of legal drinking age, and I was always curious about this drink. When I turned 21, I found this beer on the menu at a fancy restaurant. I decided to try the beer out, and by god, I wasn’t disappointed! It has a nice hint of orange peel, and a very creamy aftertaste. It’s very unique, and I have never had another beer like it. The beer also comes in a Red Rice flavor, which is just as good. The bottle is very cute, and depicts a small red owl. I highly recommend this beer to anyone, and I strongly suggest that you try it if you can find it.
- Allagash White
Brewed by: Allagash Brewing Company Maine, United States
I learned about this awesome brew from my best friend, Ben. It’s a gorgeous, creamy brew with a lovely aftertaste. There’re hints of orange peel, and the flavor envelopes you in a nice cloud of hops. It’s a very popular beer, and you can get it for a very cheap price.
Foods found on en.wikipedia.org
Hello fellow food lovers! It’s Friday and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more tasty foods. Now, let’s dig in!
- Tilkut is a unique dessert that comes from India. It’s made from sesame seeds, sugar, and jaggery. Gaga is said to have the best Tilkut, and it’s usually eaten during Makar Sankranti.
- Bigos is a stew-based dish that comes from Belarus. It’s translates in English to “Hunter’s Stew”. It’s made with various kinds of chopped meat, cabbage, and sauerkraut.