Hello everyone, and welcome to the weekly Sunday post! Every Sunday, I will be adding a random topic to my blog. It can cover anything, from strange colors to weird names. I am also taking requests, so be sure to leave some ideas in the comments’ section below. Now, let the chaos begin!
First Sunday Topic: Extremely Unusual Colors
Colors found on various internet sites like wikipedia and mentalfloss
Colors are all around us, and all represent different things. I am visiting uncharted territory to discover the most absurd colors. Now, let’s get weird!
- Liver: Liver is an unusual shade of brown. The color was first mentioned in 1686.
- Papaya Whip: Papaya Whip is a fascinating shade of orange . It is supposed to resemble mashed papayas in whipped cream.
- Zomp: Zomp is a variety of Spring Green. The term was created in 2007.
Info about music genres found on various internet websites
Hello fellow music lovers! It’s Thursday, and I’ve decided to create a brand new topic. The creation of Music has brought on many fantastic genres and bands. This post will be focused on finding some rare, strange, and outrageous types of music. Now, grab your headphones, and let’s jam!
- Lowercase Music: Lowercase Music was invented by Steve Roden in the early 90s. It’s created by amplifying the usually unheard sounds of world to an extreme level. This can be anything from ants running up a hill, to helium balloons hitting a ceiling. Roden’s first CD, Forms Of Paper, was recorded in The Los Angeles Public Library. In the CD, Roden handles paper in various ways. A rare expanded version of the CD was released, and only 500 copies are known to exist. The video below is of the before mention piece. Tell me what you think of it in the comments’ section below.
- Synthwave: Synthwave is an awesome genre of music that originated in the mid 2000s. It was heavily inspired by 1980s movie soundtracks, as well as new wave. The style is mainly instrumental with synthesizers, electronic drums, and gated reverb. Pieces of this genre can be found in the film, Drive, the TV show, Stranger Things, and the video game, Hotline Miami. French musician, Perturbator is one of my favorite synthwave artists, and his work in Hotline Miami helped spread this genre to a wider audience. Listed below is my favorite Perturbator track, Technoir.
Character info found in various DC and Marvel Encyclopedias, Morris’ League Of Regrettable Heroes, and comicvine.gamespot.com
Hello fellow comic book fans! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to take another look at comic books’ weirdest characters. So, grab your favorite graphic novel, and let’s begin!
- Anarchist Real Name: Tike Alicar Creator: Marvel First Appeared In: X-Force #116 July 1, 2001 Power: Secretes acidic sweat Status: Hero
Tike was a young man when he discovered his superpower. He joined the superhero team, X-Force, when a favorite member, Sulk, was killed. He began to enjoy his new life as a celebrity, however the other members seem to dislike his personality. Along with Doop, Anarchist is the only other X-Force member to survive a rescue mission gone awry.
- Chemo Real Name: Chemo First Appeared In: Showcase #39 August 1962 Creator: DC Status: Villain Powers: Can spew corrosive chemicals out of his mouth; enhanced strength and endurance; extremely low intelligence.
Chemo is sentient vat of toxic waste. He was created by Professor Ramsey Norton as a combatant of all disease. Unfortunately, his experiment grew into a 25ft monster and the poor doctor was killed instantly. Being a mindless monster, Chemo started to reek uncontrollable havoc in the city. He was eventually stopped by the Metal Men, who explode, destroying Chemo from the inside out.
Info about characters found in various DC and Marvel Encyclopedias, The League Regrettable Superheroes, and on comicvine.gamespot.com
Hello fellow comic book fans! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! It’s time to crack open the comic vault, and look at the weirdest characters ever created. Now, grab your favorite issue, and let’s begin!
- Sixpack Real Name: Sidney Speck First Appearance: Hitman #9 December 1996 Created by: DC Status: Hero and Delusional Drunk Powers: Expert in unarmed combat and weapons handling; incredibly high alcohol tolerance.
Sixpack is one of DC’s strangest superheroes. He once was the leader of Section Eight, a superhero team with equally strange powers. His history is hard to figure out, and due to the heavy consumption of alcohol he can’t remember anything from his past. Armed with his trusty broken bottle, Sixpack is always ready to start a fight. That is, if Cirrhosis doesn’t catch up with him first! *By the way, I strongly recommend reading Section Eight, it’s one hell of a journey!
- Madcap Real Name:N/A First Appearance: Captain America #307 July 1985 Creator: Marvel Status: Villain and prankster Powers: Incredible self-healing ability, able to survive almost any injury; causes others to lose inhibitions with embarrassing and sometimes lethal consequences.
Madcap was originally a normal man, and devoted Christian, until a horrible bus accident rendered him insane. The bus collided with a truck carrying experimental nerve gas, killing everyone on board but Madcap. He developed the ability to heal from any injury, and used this to go on a crime spree. He has butted heads with many superheroes including Wolverine and Nomad.
(All info found in scp-wiki.net) The SCP society is a team of researchers and scientists that categorize anomalies and objects as well as classifying them. SCP stands for Secure Contain Protect. You start with “Safe” items, which are easily understood, and usually don’t pose a threat. “Euclid” class objects, which are less predictable, and may be sentient. “Keter” class objects are the most dangerous out of the three, and may cause an “end of the world” phenomena if not properly contained.
Hello everyone! It’s Tuesday, and it’s time to start a new post. I’m pretty sure that some of you know what SCPs are, and find them as fascinating as I do. Every other Tuesday, I will be adding two new SCPs to the list.
Final note: Some names/ other things may be Censored in order to protect identities.
- SCP-021 The Skin Wrym Object Class: (Safe) SCP-021 is a large oriental dragon tattoo that covers 0.8 meters of the skin. The tattoo is fully animate within the confines of the host’s skin and behaves largely like a normal animal would, albeit in only two dimensions. The tattoo’s movement causes constant pain to its host, comparable and similar in character to simultaneous tattooing and tattoo removal on a large scale. It appears to feed exclusively on pigments in the host’s skin. It can also be fed by tattooing fruits near the body. It can also be transferred between hosts by various forms of physical contact. SCP-021’s captivity is one of the longest in the Foundation’s history at nearly [DATA EXPUNGED] years, and has been very educational thus far.
- WARNING! THIS ONE IS DISTURBING! SCP-106 The Old Man Object Class: (Keter) SCP-106 appears to be an elderly human, with the general appearance of advanced decomposition. This appearance may very, but the “rotting” quality is observed in all forms. SCP-106 is not exceptionally agile, and will remain motionless for days, waiting for prey. SCP-106 is also capable of scaling any vertical surface and can remain upside-down indefinitely. When attacking, SCP-106 will attempt to incapacitate prey by damaging major organs, muscle groups, or tendons, then pull disabled prey into its pocket dimension. It prefers human prey 10-25 years of age. SCP-106 causes a “corrosion” effect in all solid matter it touches, engaging a physical breakdown in materials several seconds after contact. This is observed as rotting, rusting, and cracking materials, and the creation of a black, mucus-like substance similar to the material coating SCP-106. This effect is particularly detrimental to living tissue, and is assumed to be a “pre-digestion” action. Corrosion continues for six hours after contact, after the effect appears to “burn out”.SCP-106’s “pocket dimension” is seemingly composed of halls and rooms, with [DATA EXPUNGED] entry. This activity can continue for days, with some subjected individuals being released for the express purpose of hunting, recapture, and [DATA EXPUNGED].
Here’s what the SCP looks like
And here’s the unfortunate aftermath of Agent (Censored) after being released from the pocket dimension. He died one hour after release. Also, I’d love to hear what you guys think of this post, so be sure to leave a comment in the comment’s section below.
Hello fellow Entomologists! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take another look at some more strange insects. I hope you guys are ready for some truly bizarre creatures. I’d love to hear what you think of this post, so be sure to leave a comment in the comments section below. Now, let’s get started!
- Frog-Legged Leaf Beetle (Sagra Buqueti) (scientific name info from The Book Of Beetles) The Frog-Legged Leaf Beetle is one of the most beautiful insects on Earth. (The Big Book Of Beetles) It comes in many different colors, however the most common color is bright green. (ourbreathingplanet.com) The color seems to shine like chrome, and they are truly beautiful sights to behold. The name comes from the large hind legs that the male beetles have. (en.wikipedia.org)
- Trap-Jaw Ant (Odontomachus) (info about sic name from en.wikipedia.org) The Trap-Jaw Ant is a very creepy looking ant that’s found in the tropics worldwide. (en.wikipedia.org) Their mandibles are capable of opening an astonishing 180 degrees. (en.wikipedia.org) They have the fastest moving predatory appendages, which can move at speeds up to 230 kilometers per hour! (en.wikipedia.org) The coolest feat it can perform, is to use its jaws as a catapult to fling itself, or prey backward to escape. (en.wikipedia.org) Yes, now ants scare me!