Sea creatures found on en.wikipedia.org
Hello fellow Marine Biologists! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more interesting sea creatures. Now, let’s go for a dive!
- Pacu (Colossoma macropomum) Size: Up to 3.5 ft Weight: Up to 88 pounds Habitat: South America
The Pacu is an incredibly creepy fish that’s related to the piranha. The fish has square human-like teeth and a slight overbite. Despite its unsettling appearance the Pacu only eats plant material. They can be found in pet shops, and are also known as “vegetarian piranha”.
- Spookfish (Macropinna microstoma) Size: Under 20 cm Habitat: 400-2,500 m deep
The Spookfish is a very strange creature that lives in the deep sea. It has large telescopic eyes and a long, slender body. It doesn’t have teeth, and its eyes help them see in the dark ocean.
Foods found on en.wikipedia.org
Hello fellow food lovers! It’s Friday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more delicious foods. Now, let’s dig in!
- Joumou is a savory dish that comes from Haiti. It’s a soup that’s made from winter squash, plantains, beef, vegetables, and potatoes. It’s eaten traditionally on New Years Day.
- Halo-halo is a sweet dish that comes from the Philippines. It’s made from sweetened kidney beans, sugar palm fruit, rice, tapioca, nata de coco, coconut, plantains, sweetened chickpeas, gulaman, cheese, and sweet potato. It’s served in a tall glass.
All paintings found on larrycarlson.bigcartel.com
Hello fellow art lovers! It’s Monday, and you know what means! Yes, it’s time for us to take a look at some more incredible works. Now, let’s dive into the amazing world of Larry Carlson!
- Poolside by Larry Carlson Pigment print on metallic paper
This is a wonderful piece by “Computer Guru”, Larry Carlson. The work is an outdoor scene with a fiery mesh-covered background. There’s a female figure in the center of the work with a zebra patterned body. The “pool” is also made of mesh, and is a gorgeous light blue. Tell me what you think of this piece in the comments’ section below.
- Full Buck Moon by Larry Carlson Pigment print on metallic paper
Here we have another amazing art piece by “Master Surrealist”, Larry Carlson. This work is an awesome blend of Realism and Surrealism. The bottom of the piece depicts a single buck standing on a rock, which is surrounded by trees. As you gradually rise up, the image gets more psychedelic, and your eyes are met with an amazing rainbow display of shapes. This looks incredibly beautiful, and you can tell that a lot of care went into it. You then get to the “Moon”, which is surrounded by a blue and red aura. I love the look of this work, and I would love to hear your opinions about it in the comments’ section below.
Creatures found in DK’s Ocean: The Definitive Visual Guide and Claire Nouvian’s book, The Deep
Hello fellow Marine Biologists! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more incredible creatures. Now, let’s dive!
- Mauve Stinger (Pelagia noctiluca) Diameter: Up to 5 in Habitat: Open water near the surface of the ocean
The Mauve Stinger is a very dynamic type of jellyfish. This creature can produce bioluminescent light shows, which are admired by people passing by. As the name suggests, this jellyfish’s sting is quite painful. It produces luminous mucus which causes its stingers to glow with intense light. Unlike most jellyfish, this species’ life cycle doesn’t have a fixed stage.
- Squarenose Helmetfish (Scopelogadus beanii) Size: 12 cm Depths Found: 800-4000 m
The Helmetfish is named after the armor that was worn by medieval knights. It has two very strange holes which are this creature’s nostrils. The white strands covering this fishes head is a network of sensory canals.
Foods found on en.wikipedia.org
Hello fellow food lovers! It’s Friday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more interesting foods. Now, let’s dig in!
- Semur is a hardy dish that comes from Indonesia. It’s a special type of meat stew with garlic, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. The main ingredient of this dish is sweet soy sauce. The sauce both strengthens the soup’s flavor, and mixes quite well with the other ingredients.
- Takoyaki is an immensely popular dish that comes from Japan. It’s a spherical shaped food that’s made with tempura scraps, green onion, octopus, and pickled ginger. Takoyaki are usually sold at various food stalls, and at supermarkets throughout Japan.
Creatures found on yokai.com and yokai wiki
Konbanwa, everyone! It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more fascinating creatures. Now, let’s go on a journey to the “Land of the Rising Sun”!
- Kotobuki is an immensely powerful creature of Japanese mythology. It’s a chimera with all parts of the Chinese zodiac. It can speak any language, and is known to cure any illness.
- Omukade is a very dangerous creature of Japanese folklore. It resembles a giant red centipede. It was very venomous, and dragons were even afraid of it.
All works found on larrycarlson.com
Hello fellow art lovers! It’s time for our weekly dose of awesomeness! I hope you guys are ready for some wonderful works. Now, let’s get started!
- Untitled by Larry Carlson Digital chromogenic print 2007
This is yet another fantastic piece by “Computer Guru”, Larry Carlson. It’s a very colorful and trippy work. There are rainbow vortexes and for some strange reason, a duck. It almost reminds me of an optical illusion, and my god, it’s glorious! Tell me what you think of the piece in the comments’ section below.
- The Birds That Hide From Man by Larry Carlson collage on paper 2012
This is a very strange collage by “Master Surrealist”, Larry Carlson. We see a strange man with a bird’s nest for a head. He also has some prehistoric lizards surround his torso. I love Carlson’s blend of Realism and Surrealism. Tell me what you think of this work in the comments’ section below.