Creatures found in DK’s Ocean: The Definitive Visual Guide
Hello fellow Marine Biologists! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to take a look at some more incredible creatures. Now, let’s dive!
- Goblin Shark (Mitsukurina owstoni) Length: Up to 12 3/4 ft Weight: 210 kg Depths Found: 1,000-3,400 ft
The Goblin Shark is an incredibly grotesque creature of the sea. It is completely pink in color, and has a very strange bill-like snout. The snout is speculated to be used for detecting prey in the atramentous depths. The shark’s jaws can be shot forward to catch prey. Fossils of similar species have been found in rocks that are over 100 million years old.
- Olive Sea Snake (Aipysurus laevis) Length: 3-7 ft Habitat: Coral reefs estuaries, and coastal shallows
The Olive Sea Snake is a beautiful, yet deadly creature of the sea. The snake is olive-brown, and has a much paler underside. It is very unique in that it has ventricle scales, a feature that all land snakes have. This reptile hunts for prey in the large crevices of coral. The snake’s bite is extremely toxic, and may be fatal to humans.
Drinks found on drinksmixer.com and thedrunkenmoogle.com
Hello fellow Mixologists! It’s Thursday, and my Pub is open once again! I hope you guys are ready for some awesome drinks. Now, let me fix you up something special!
- Poison Arrow (The Elder Scrolls: IV: Oblivion shot) (Drink created by OXM UK)
- 1 part Lime Cordial
- 1 dash Grenadine
- 1 part Bailey’s Irish Creme
Directions: Fill up a shot glass with lime cordial and add a dash of Grenadine to the top. Now very slowly pour Bailey’s into the center of the shot glass until the liqueur hits the bottom of the shot. Take a straw and slowly twirl it around so the Bailey’s twists around the tube. Retract the straw and serve.
- 2 oz Absolut®Citron Vodka
- 6 oz apple juice
- 3 ml grenadine syrup
Directions: Pour grenadine over ice in a highball glass. Add absolut citron, and fill with apple juice.
Hello fellow art lovers! It’s Monday, and my Art Gallery is open once again! I hope you guys are ready for some wonderful works. Now, have fun exploring my Gallery!
- Pulp Fiction by Banksy 2005 Screenprint
This is a hilarious and satirical piece by the inscrutable street artist, Banksy. The work is a scene from Tarantino’s epic, Pulp Fiction. In the scene, the two main characters, Vince and Jules, are performing a hit. Banksy comically replaces the gangsters’ guns with bananas. This is both quite humorous and makes a normally ultra-violent film light-hearted.
- Portrait of Dr. Gachet by Vincent Van Gogh 1890 Oil on canvas
This is a very psychedelic work by famous painter Van Gogh. The doctor is this piece appears to be in great emotional distress. This could be a way for Van Gogh to explore his inner demons with paint. The colors are very blurry, which could also represent a drug trip.
Info found on yokai.com, and yokai wiki
Konbanwa, everyone! It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to to a look at some more fascinating creatures. Now, let’s go on a journey to the “Land of the Rising Sun”!
- Kenmun are strange creatures of Japanese mythology. They resemble a combination of a monkey and a kappa. They also have powerful shapeshifting abilities and are usually harmless to humans.
- Mimimushi are highly dangerous creatures of Japanese folklore. They are special parasites with serpentine bodies and long heads. They infect the stomach and cause bloating and craving of cold foods.
Creatures found in DK’s Ocean The Definitive Visual Guide
Hello fellow Marine Biologists! It’s Tuesday, and you know what means! Yes, it’s time to look at some more dynamic sea creatures. Now, let’s go for a dive!
- Mandarinfish (Synchiropus splendidus) Size: Up to 2 1/2 in Depths Found: 3-60 ft in tropical waters of the southwestern Pacific
The Mandarinfish is one of the most colorful of all sea creatures found in coral reefs. Its skin is covered in a special slime that has a distinctively bitter taste. This is used for defense against predators. The species is a very popular among aquariums, however they are quite difficult to maintain.
- Dugong (Dugong dugon) Size: 8-13 ft Depths Found: Coastal Shallows
Dugongs are incredibly weird creatures of the sea. They are blimp-shaped sea animals with crescent-shaped tails and broad heads. They feed on sea grass, and use their long snouts to find resources in the mud. Unfortunately, Dugongs are extinct around the Mediterranean. However, the population is thriving in Australia.
Hello fellow art lovers! It’s Monday, and my Gallery is open once again! I hope you are ready for some fascinating works. Now, have fun exploring my Gallery! This week is Carlson Week, so get ready for 2 awesome works from the “Salvador Dali of the 21st Century”.
- Galaxy Garden by Larry Carlson 2011 Digital Photography (info about painting found on Larry Carlson’s website larrycarlson.com) This is a very unique piece by “Computer Guru”, Larry Carlson. This work is absolutely beautiful, and Carlson’s brilliant use of colors really shine through here. The painting is of an outdoor scene that’s filled with various plants. There’s also sparkles scattered around, which give the work a cosmic vibe. I’d love to hear what you guys think of this work in the comments’ section below.
- Les Champignons Machines by Larry Carlson 2013 Collage on paper (info about artwork found on Larry Carlson’s website larrycarlson.com) Here we have another great work by “Master Surrealist”, Larry Carlson. This piece is incredibly colorful, and filled with trippy visuals. It almost look likes something out of Alice in Wonderland. There’s a weird caterpillar near the bottom of the work that has a human face, and this reminds me a lot of Lewis Carroll’s LSD-induced story. Tell what you think of the piece in the comments’ section below.
Drinks found on drinksmixer.com and thedrunkenmoogle.com
Hello fellow mixologists! It’s Thursday, and my Pub is open once again. I hope you guys are ready for some wonderful drinks. Now, let me fix you up something special!
- Chateau Romani (The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask cocktail) (drink created by EXPBarOnline)
- 1 oz Amaretto
- 1 oz Frangelico
- 1 oz Wild Turkey American Honey
Directions: Pour alcohol in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a small glass and fill with milk. Enjoy the unlimited magic!
- 1 1/2 oz Stoli® Vanil vodka
- 3/4 oz Malibu® coconut rum
- 1 splash pineapple juice
Directions: Shake ingredients over ice. Pour into glass.