Characters found in various DC and Marvel Encyclopedias, and comicvine.gamespot.com
Hello fellow comic book fans! It’ s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to take a look at some more strange characters. Now, grab your favorite Graphic Novel, and let’s begin!
- Washout Real Name: John (full name unrevealed) First Appeared: X-Force #129 (2002) Creator: Marvel Powers: Can turn his body into water, project high-pressure jets of water from his hands.
John was a chronic bed-wetter with water based powers. He joined the mysterious team Weapon X, and had his powers amplified. Unfortunately, John’s powers leave him dehydrated, and each use brings him closer to death.
- Skin Real Name: Angelo Espinosa Status: Hero First Appeared: Uncanny X-Men #317 (1994) Creator: Marvel Powers: Possesses six feet of extra skin which he can stretch, deform, expand, and compress.
Angelo was a L.A. gang member that fake his own death to reevaluate his life. He eventually met Professor Xavier, who asked him to join his school. Angelo reluctantly accepted the offer, and became an X-Men. He met his end by the Church of Humanity.
Characters found in various DC and Marvel Encyclopedias, Jon Morris’ The League Of Regrettable Supervillains, and comicvine.gamespot.com
Hello fellow comic book lovers! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more strange characters. Now, grab your favorite Graphic Novel, and let’s begin!
- Fisherman Real Name: Unknown Status: Villain First Appeared: Aquaman Vol. 1 #21 May-June 1965 DC Powers/ Weapons: Wields titanium rod and gas-bomb lures; hood boosts strength and allows breathing underwater.
Fisherman is a longtime foe of the superhero, Aquaman. He uses a fishing rod to trap his enemies, and then slices them up with a razor-sharp hook. His identity remains a mystery, however he seems to like carrying out seabourne thefts. He was killed by the police in Gotham City. The villain’s hood turned out to be an alien parasite that controlled its human host, and gave it powers.
- Sack Real Name: Unknown First Appeared: The Uncanny X-Men #323 August 1995 Creator: Marvel Powers/Abilities: Nearly Invulnerable Ectoplasmic Body, Body Possession
Sack was a member of the underground team, the Morlocks. He was made a member of the X-Men by Cyclops, however died tragically by Nimrod.
All characters found in various DC and Marvel Encyclopedias, and on comicvine.gamespot.com
Hello fellow comic book lovers! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to go into the bizarre world of comic book characters. Now, grab your favorite graphic novel, and let’s begin!
- Mammoth Real Name: Baran Flinders Status: Villain First Appeared: The New Teen Titans #3 (Jan. 1981) Powers/Abilities: Superhuman strength, durability, and endurance; prone to fits of rage due to state of emotional underdevelopment.
Baran was born in Australia along with his sister, Selinda. He was bullied at school until his metahuman abilities developed. The renowned Dr. Helga taught the siblings how to control their powers. From there, Baran became a criminal, and frequent foe of the Teen Titans. Unfortunately, Mammoth is quite dumb, and usually relies on his bulk instead of any real tactics.
- Orb Real Name: Drake Shannon Status: Villain First Appeared: Marvel Team-Up I #15 (1973) Powers/ Abilities: Helmet can cast hypnotic spells and fire energy blasts. Customized stunt motorcycles.
Drake was an amazing stunt motorcyclist that teamed up with Crash Simpson. Due to a freak accident Shannon’s face ended up becoming horribly disfigured. Infuriated and out for revenge, he met with a shadowy organization called Those Who Wield Power. The organization gave Drake an eyeball-shaped helmet with supernatural powers. He eventually met his end when he was “killed” by a runaway train.