Hello fellow art lovers! It’s Monday, and my Gallery is open once again! I hope you guys are ready for some awesome pieces. Now, have fun exploring my Gallery!
- The Cyclops by Odilon Redon 1898 Oil on canvas
This is an absolutely wonderful work by “French Symbolist”, Redon. The painting is an explosion of color and surrealist imagery. The “Cyclops” in the piece looks very simian-like, and its eye appears to follow the viewer’s every move. We also see a reclining nude figure fast asleep on the rocks. I think this is a glorious blend of Greek mythology and surrealist art.
- Echolocation in the Sea of Stars by Larry Carlson Digital chromogenic print 2012 Info found on Larry Carlson’s website, larrycarlson.com
Here we have an incredible work by “Computer Guru”, Larry Carlson. It’s a space piece with confetti-like stars, abstract aliens, and shiny geometric shapes. Carlson’s genius really shines in this work, and his blend of colors is impeccable. There’s also some strange fish people that appear to be coming out of a pool of water. Tell me what you think of this piece in the comments’ section below.
Drinks found on thedrunkenmoogle.com and drinksmixer.com
Hello fellow mixologists! It’s Thursday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more fascinating drinks. Now, let me fix you up something special!
- Snake In The Grass Cocktail
- 2 cl Cointreau®orange liqueur
- 2 cl gin
- 2 cl vermouth
- 2 cl lemon juice
- 1 cherry
Directions: Shake with lots of ice, strain into glass.
- Power Berry (Harvest Moon cocktail)
- 1.5 oz. Spiced rum
- .5 oz Coconut rum
- Fill with cranberry juice
- Sprig of mint
Directions: Pour spiced rum and coconut rum in a lowball glass over ice. Add cranberry juice to fill and stir. Add a sprig of mint as a garnish.
Creatures found on yokai.com, Yokai Attack, and yokai.wikia.com
Konbanwa, everyone! It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more fascinating creatures, Now, let’s go on a journey to the “Land of the Rising Sun”!
- Konaki Jiji is a mischievous creature of Japanese mythology. It’s depicted as a incredible small old man with shape-shifting powers. It can transform into the shape of a wailing baby, and this is to lure prey. If picked up, this devious demon will increase its weight until its victim’s body gets crushed.
- Ashiarai Yashiki is a massively tall creature of Japanese folklore. It’s depicted as a monumental disembodied foot that crashes the ceilings of homes in the dead of night. It will demand to be washed, and if the person complies, it’ll vanish into thin air.
Characters Found In Various DC and Marvel Encyclopedias, comicvine.gamespot.com and John Morris’ book The League Of Regrettable Superheroes
Hello fellow comic book fans! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more strange comic book characters. Now, grab your favorite graphic novel, and let’s begin!
- Idiot Punisher Real Name: Desmond Kline Status: Wannabe Vigilante First Appeared: Punisher War Journal #62 (1994) Powers/Weapons: Owned several guns
Desmond Kline was a postal worker who idolized the Punisher. After his apparent death, Desmond created a makeshift costume, and tried to continue the Punisher’s work. Unfortunately, Desmond was incredibly stupid, and died during his first mission against a group of car thieves.
- Killpower Real Name: Julius Mullarkey Status: First Appeared: Motormouth #1 (1992) Powers: Skilled combatant, High-tech firearms, Prodigy with mechanical devices
Julius was an artificially engineered human who had his genes spliced with various animals. This made him an incredibly experienced assassin, however he retained the mind of a 10-year-old. He once teamed up with the Punisher, but was extremely disappointed when the mission was aborted. He now works with the British cyborg, Motormouth.
All paintings found on larrycarlson.com
Hello fellow art lovers! It’s Monday, and it’s time for a post that’s all about Larry Carlson. I will be reviewing two Carlson pieces every other Monday. I’d love to hear what you guys think of the works in the comments’ section below. Now, let’s get started!
- MOSSELAMOO by Larry Carlson 2009 Digital Photography
This is a very cool work by “Computer Guru”, Larry Carlson. It’s a snow piece that’s complete with a frozen lake and log cabin. We also see a beautiful diamond pattern in the lake, and an absolutely massive moose. The weirdest part of the piece is the winged cabin with realistic eyes. I think this work is a perfect blend of the serene and the surreal.
- Eyes of Glow by Larry Carlson 2009 Chromogenic Print
Here we have an incredibly awesome work by “Trippy Surrealist”, Larry Carlson. The most prominent part of the piece is the gorgeous female figure with white, piercing eyes. The sky is a brilliant blue and purple, and we also see a multicolored mountain that’s spiraling at an angle. In conclusion, this is a brilliant blend of realistic and surrealist art.
Foods found of en.wikipedia.org
Hello fellow food lovers! Welcome to the upgraded version of Friday’s post. I have decided to add on other dishes besides desserts. This gives me a much wide range to work with. Now, grab yourself a snack, and let’s dig in!
- Mie aceh is a very unique dish that comes from the Aceh region of Indonesia. It’s a special noodle soup with beef, goat meat, or seafood. The soup’s base is very spicy, and is quite similar to curry. The noodles are covered in a spice mixture called Bumbu, which is made from black pepper, garlic, cardamom, anise, cumin, caraway, shallots, and red chili pepper. The best types of this soup are made with homemade noodles.
- Kibbeh is a fried dish that comes from Lebanon. It’s a cracked wheat dumpling that’s filled with minced onion, meat, and Middle Eastern spices. Kibbeh is considered to be the national dish of many Middle Eastern countries.
Drinks found on drinksmixer.com and the drunkenmoogle.com
Hello fellow mixologists! It’s Thursday, and my Pub is open once again! I hope you guys are ready for some awesome drinks. Now, let me fix you up something special!
- 1 oz vodka
- 2 tsp brandy
- 1 tsp creme de cassis
- 1 tsp Cointreau® orange liqueur
- 2 dashes orange bitters
Directions: Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass half-filled with ice cubes. Stir well, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.
- The Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes Cocktail) (Drink Created By Jasper)
- 1.5 oz Sake
- 1 oz light rum
- .5 oz red cinnamon schnapps
Directions: Stir ingredients in a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a strawberry.
Info found in Matt Alt and Hiroka Yoda’s book, Yokai Attack! and on yokai.com
Konbanwa, everyone! It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to take a look at some more fascinating creatures. Now, let’s go on a journey to the “Land of the Rising Sun”!
- Enen-ra is a very rare creature of Japanese mythology. It resembles a sentient clouds of smoke that appears around bonfires. This yokai has a completely unknown past, and is harmless in nature.
- Nobiagari is a very mysterious creature of Japanese folklore. It has many depictions including a Buddhist Monk, and a humanoid shadow. It can stretch its body to outrageous sizes and loves to startle travelers.
Creature Info Found In DK’s Ocean The Definitive Visual Guide
Hello fellow Marine Biologists! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to go on another dive. Now, let’s get started!
- Coffinfish (Chaunax endeavouri) Length: Up to 9 in Depths Found: 160-1,000 ft
The Coffinfish is a species of Anglerfish that resembles a small, pink balloon. They can inflate their bodies to appear larger than their actual size. The history of the Coffinfish is almost unknown. They seem to like quiet muddy areas near the bottom of the ocean.
- Reef Lizardfish (Synodus variegatus) Length: 8-16 in Depths Found: 16-295 ft
The Reef Lizardfish is a very colorful creature of the sea. It has a very large mouth filled with rows of sharp teeth. Its bright colors allow it to camouflage its body in coral reefs. They are a common food of reef fishermen.
Drinks found on thedrunkenmoogle.com and drinksmixer.com
Hello fellow mixologists! It’s Thursday, and my Pub is open once again! I hope you guys are ready for some fascinating drinks. Now, let me fix you up something special!
- Lavender Town Syndrome (Pokemon Cocktail)
- 2 oz Hpnotiq
- 1 oz Vodka
- .25 oz Grenadine
- 6 oz Sprite
Directions: Mix all ingredients in a tall glass over ice. Serve and tell ghost stories.
Directions: Pour gin into a glass with ice. Add flavored Kool-Aid to taste and serve.