Hello fellow food lovers! It’s Friday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to take a look at another delicious dessert. I hope you guys are hungry, because things are about to get “sweet”!
- Interesting Name! Kirschenmichel is a very interesting dessert that comes from Germany. (en.wikipedia.org) It’s a type of pudding that’s made with bread, sour cherries, butter, milk, sugar, and eggs. (en.wikipedia.org) It’s quite similar to bread pudding, and is topped with almonds, vanilla, cinnamon, and clove. (en.wikipedia.org)
Hello fellow mixologists! It’s Thursday, and my Brewery is open once again! I hope you guys are ready for some interesting drinks. Now, grab a shot glass, and let’s start mixing!
- The Good Doctor (Mega Man/ The Protomen cocktail) (drink created by Emma Story)
- Ginger Beer
- 2 Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine cherries
Directions: To make Doctor Light’s cocktail, mix all ingredients and serve on the rocks in a cocktail glass. Spear the two cherries on a cocktail toothpick and place on top.
- Stardust Reverie (Touhou: Marisa Kirisame cocktail) (drink created by ArcadeHitman)
- 6 oz. Hansen’s Raspberry Soda
- 2 oz. Pink Lemonade Vodka
- 1 dash Grenadine
- 1 dash Peach Pucker (optional)
- Raspberry and Strawberry flavored Pop Rocks
- Konpeito Star Candies
Directions: Rim a glass with raspberry and strawberry pop rocks. Pour chilled raspberry soda into the glass. Shake vodka and grenadine (adding optional peach pucker for a tangier fruit taste) with ice and pour into soda. Place 5-10 Konpeito candies into mixture and garnish with a slight of star fruit.
Konbanwa everyone! It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more interesting yokai. Now, let’s go on a journey to “The Land of the Rising Sun”!
- Must have Sake! Amazake baba are very strange creatures of Japanese mythology. They look like ordinary old women, however, don’t let this fool you! (yokai.com) They will knock on your door asking for amazake, and if you answer yes or no, you’ll become very ill. (yokai.com) The only to stop an Amazake baba, is to hang a sign on the door that reads “we don’t like sake or amazake.” (yokai.com) Upon seeing this, the yokai will leave, going to the next house. (yokai.com)
- I’m not gonna make a Frozen reference! Yuki onna are very dangerous monsters of Japanese folklore. They look like beautiful women with cold skin, piercing violet eyes, and long black hair. (yokai.com) These yokai can either be kind or violent depending under the circumstances. When they find humans, they can either marry them, or feed on their life force until they become frozen solid. (yokai.com)
Hello fellow food lovers! It’s Tuesday, and you know that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some more interesting snacks. I hope you guys are hungry, because things are about to get delicious!
- Epic Casserole! A Flying Jacob is a very interesting meal that comes from Sweden. (en.wikipedia.org) It’s a casserole that is filled with cream, chicken, chili sauce, roasted peanuts, bacon, and bananas. I know the banana part sounds kind of disgusting, but I’d love to try it!
- Buy This Now! Pocky is an incredibly delicious snack that comes from Japan. They’re essentially biscuit sticks that are covered in a variety of delectable toppings. They range from green tea to even milk flavored! I highly recommend this snack, and it can be found in Asian markets, and grocery stores.
Hello fellow art lovers! It’s Monday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for me to share some more of my favorite art pieces with you wonderful people. I hope you guys are ready for some interesting pieces. Now, grab a paintbrush, and let’s get started!
- The Poetess by Joan Miro 1940 Gouache on Canvas (info about medium from usc.edu) This is a very interesting piece that’s filled to the brim with interesting shapes and unique creatures. It’s also quite colorful, and seems almost celestial in quality due to the various stars that are scattered throughout the piece. I especially love how Joan creates beauty out of the simplest shapes and patterns. I would love to hear what you guys think of this piece, so be sure to leave a comment in the comment’s section below.
- Kukulkan Returns by Larry Carlson 2015 Photographic Surrealism (info about piece from Larry Carlson’s website larrycarlson.com) Get ready for an awesome journey into the amazing world of Larry Carlson! I can see a lot of references to Dali’s style, due to the melting textures. It also is extremely colorful and very large in quality. The piece starts at the top with a strange avian-human hybrid. It then descends into a psychedelic city that’s riddled with toucans and odd creatures. I highly recommend this piece. It’s a feast for the eyes, and it’s incredibly unique.
679 by Fetty Wap from the album “Fetty Wap” 2015 (info about album from en.wikipedia.org)
This is one of my first Rap reviews on this blog. It’s a relatively new song that came out in the middle of last year. The Rap starts with a very catchy beat, and then Wap’s vocals start up. They’re very whiny, however, I think this adds to his uniqueness. I know rap isn’t for everybody, however, give this one a listen and tell me what you think of it in the comment’s section below.
Happy Listening 😀
Hello fellow food lovers! It’s Friday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at another tasty dessert. I hope you guys are hungry, because things are about to get “sweet”!
- Kutia is a very interesting dessert that comes from Russia. (en.wikipedia.org) It’s a special type of pudding that’s made with raisins, dried fruit, poppy seeds, wheat berries, honey, nuts, and milk. (en.wikipedia.org) It’s usually eaten during the holidays. (en.wikipedia.org)