I’m back, everybody! Now, back to posting on my blog.
Hello fellow snake lovers! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to take another look at some interesting snakes. Now, let’s get started!
- Western slender blind snake (Leptotyphlops humilis) The Western slender blind snake is a very interesting reptile that lives in northern Mexico and the southwestern United States. (en.wikipedia.org) It can grow up to 30cm in length, and can be pink,silvery-brown, or purple in color. (en.wikipedia.org) As the name states, the snake is completely blind, and mainly feeds on insects. (en.wikipedia.org) The snake also has a extremely interesting ability to glow under ultraviolet light. (en.wikipedia.org)
- Northern Copperhead (Agkistrodon contortrix moccasin) The Northern Copperhead is a very dangerous snake that lives in eastern United States. (en.wikipedia.org) It can grow up to 135 cm in length, and is dark chestnut in color. (en.wikipedia.org) While the Northern Copperhead appears relatively calm, if it becomes irritated, it will strike with tremendous power. (en.wikipedia.org)
Note: Due to Christmas coming up next week, I will be going on a week-long vacation. The blog will start up again on the 29th of December. I wish you all happy holidays! 😀
Moodswings Overture by Moodswings from the album “Moodfood” 1991: This is a very interesting, and quite emotional piece of music. It starts with an angelic choir, and then a funky guitar, accompanied by a drum machine start to play. The piece has an incredibly catchy beat, and it makes you want to get up and dance. I highly recommend this piece to anybody that likes unique and epic orchestral ballads. Tell me what you think of this piece in the comments section below.
Hello fellow food lovers! It’s Friday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take another look at a tasty dessert from around the world! I hope you guys are hungry, because things are about to get sweet!
- Hamantash is a very tasty dessert that’s found in Jewish cuisine. (en.wikipedia.org) It’s a pastry-like dessert with a triangular shape in the middle. (en.wikipedia.org) The shape is usually filled with poppy seed, nuts, date, apricot, raisins, cherry, figs, or caramel. (en.wikipedia.org)
Hello fellow mixologists! It’s Thursday, and my Brewery is open once again! I hope you guys are ready for some interesting drinks. Now, grab a shot glass, and let’s start mixing!
- The Joining (Dragon Age: Origins Cocktail) (drink created by Heather)
- 1.5 cl Hpnotiq
- 1.5 cl Dark rum
- Splash of 151 rum (to taste)
Directions: Layer the ingredients in a shot glass using a spoon, with the Hpnotiq on the bottom, dark rum in the middle,and 151 rum on top.
- Paopu Fruit (Kingdom Hearts Cocktail) (drink created by Deena)
- 2 parts pineapple juice
- 1 part limoncello
- 1 part creme de Banana
- 1 mint leaf
Directions: Shake all ingredients and pour in a lowball glass over ice. Add a mint leaf as a garnish. This sweet, citrus drink is sure to cool you off on those hot, island days.
Konbanwa everyone! It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to look at some more interesting Yokai. I hope you guys are ready for a very interesting post. Now, let’s started!
- What?!! Ippondatara are extremely strange creatures of Japanese folklore. They resemble cyclopean figures with one leg, and they live in the mountains. (Yokai.com) While usually very shy, Ippondatara become very dangerous on December 20th. (Yokai.com) They’ll try to squash you with their giant foot! (Yokai.com)
- Woof! Koma Inu are very interesting creatures of Japanese mythology. They serve as watchdogs of temples and other holy areas. (Yokai.com) Koma Inu have extremely muscular bodies, curly hair and curly tails. (Yokai.com) They always appear in male and female pairs, and feed on the wicked. (Yokai.com)
Hello fellow Marine Biologists! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take a look at some interesting deep sea fish. I hope you guys are ready for some truly unique creatures. Now, let’s get started!
- Touchdown! Football fish (Himantolophus paucifilosus) (sci name from Claire Nouvan’s book The Deep) The Football fish is an incredibly interesting creature of the deep. It looks quite similar to Frankenstein’s monster due to the stitch-like dots that surround its body. (The Deep) The dots are actually sensory organs, and are used to detect the displacement of water. (The Deep)
Hell0 fellow art lovers! It’s Monday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for me to share some more of my favorite art pieces with you wonderful people! I hope you guys are ready for some interesting works. Now, grab a paintbrush, and let’s get started!
- Gold Griot by Jean-Michel Basquiat 1984 Oil and oil paintstick on wood: This is another incredibly unique piece by the “Abstract Guru”, Basquiat. The art piece depicts a black, humanoid figure that looks very skeletal in appearance. It also has a demonic mask-like visage, which I totally love. I’d love to hear what you guys think of this piece, so be sure to tell me what you think in the comments section below.
- Lit Up by Larry Carlson Digital Photography 2015 (info about material from Larry Carlson’s website larrycarlson.com) This piece is guaranteed to blow your mind. It’s another piece by the “Digital Guru”, Larry Carlson, and it’s definitely one of his most beautiful creations. It depicts a female figure that seems god-like in style. Her eyes are shining and she is surrounded by celestial energy. The background of the piece is also quite colorful, and is a beautiful site to behold. I’d love to hear what you guys think of this piece, so be sure to leave a comment in the comments section below.
One More Time by Daft Punk from the album “Discovery”2002:
I know this is an old song, but dear god, it’s so awesome! It starts with a very awesome beat and then the repeated words, “One More Time”.It’s an absolutely perfect dance song that will have you moving to the beat in no time! I highly recommend this piece to anyone who loves electronic music and catchy beats. Tell me what you think of this piece in the comments section below.
Happy Listening 😀
Hello fellow Mixologists! It’s Thursday, and my brewery is open once again! I hope you guys are ready for some interesting drinks! Now, grab a shot glass, and let’s get started!
- Captain Kenway’s Private Stash (Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag cocktail) (Drink created by EXPBarOnline)
- 1.5 oz Kraken Black Spiced Rum
- .75 oz Creme de Cassis
- 1 dash Goldschlager
- Fill with 7-Up
Directions: Pour the kraken and Creme de cassis into a shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain over ice into a mug. Splash Goldschlager on top, then fill with 7-Up. Enjoy whilst sailing the 7 seas.
- Helldorado (Uncharted 2 Cocktail) (drink created by GamesRadar)
- 3oz. pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz. blue curacao
- 1 1/2 oz. Puerto Rican rum
- 1 oz cream of coconut
Directions: Pour ingredients into glass over crushed ice. Stir gently and enjoy.
Konichiwa everyone! It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time for us to take another look at some interesting Yokai. I hope you guys are ready for an interesting post. Now, let’s get started!
- Oil Kid! Abura akago are very strange creatures of Japanese folklore. They usually take the form of a strange orb until they enter a house. (Yokai.com) Upon entering, the Yokai will reveal its self as a small baby. (Yokai.com) They lap up the oil from lamps and lanterns, and then they fly away. (Yokai.com) How Strange!
- Moo! Ushi oni are very dangerous creatures of Japanese mythology. They have the head of an ox and the body of a spider, cat, or human. (Yokai.com) As said before, they’re extremely dangerous Yokai, have incredibly toxic breath, and love to eat humans. (Yokai.com) They’re mainly found on the rocky coasts of Western Japan. (Yokai.com)