Own Little World by Celldweller from the album “Celldweller” 2003: Are you guys ready for a very awesome Alternative Metal piece? I sure hope so! It starts with a distorted guitar, and then the vocals, drums, and synthesizers start to play. The vocals are very easy to understand, and are almost harmonious in sound. However, you still get your fair share of screamed lyrics as well. Despite that this piece is 12 years old, I always find myself going back to it for nostalgic value. I highly recommend this song to Metal fans and lovers of Hard Rock. Tell me what you think of this piece in the comments section below.
Happy Listening 😀 AND ROCK ON!!!!!!!!
copy this link for the youtube video
Hello fellow mixologists! It’s Thursday, and my Brewery is open once again! I hope you guys are ready for some awesome drinks! I can’t wait to show you guys what’s on today’s menu! Now, grab a shot glass, and let’s start mixing!
- The Psychotic Biotic-Jack (Mass Effect cocktail) (created by Save Game from thedrunkenmoogle.com)
- 8 ml Vodka
- 8 ml Whiskey (Jack Daniels is recommended)
- 8 ml Bourbon
- 6 ml Red Bull
- Habanero Tabasco Sauce
Directions: Coat the insides of the shot glass, then layer the ingredients as listed. Jack packs quite a punch. Don’t take her lightly.
- Black Lotus (Magic: The Gathering cocktail) (created by Geek & Sundry Vlogs youtube channel found on thedrunkenmoogle.com)
- 1 oz White rum
- .5 oz Chambord
- 1 oz Blackberry brandy
- 3 oz Pomegranate juice
- 1 edible Hibiscus flower
Directions: Shake all liquid ingredients with ice and serve in a cocktail glass. Garnish with an edible Hibiscus flower.
Good afternoon everyone! It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to take another look at some more mythical creatures from around the world. I hope you guys are ready for a very interesting post! Now, let’s get started!
- Bark! The Ahuizhotl is a very interesting creature of Aztec mythology. (mythicalcreaturesguide.com) It’s a dog-like beast with a human hand, and monkey paws attached to its tail. (mythicalcreaturesguide.com) The Ahuizhotl is also said to be capable of manipulation. (mythicalcreaturesguide.com) It lives near water, and drags its underwater where it eats the teeth, eyes, and nails. (mythicalcreaturesguide.com)
- Bad For Your Health! The Kapre is a very tall mythical beast that comes from the Philippines. (en.wikipedia.org) It’s lives in giant trees, and is often found sitting underneath. (en.wikipedia.org) It’s said to wear a special belt that renders it invisible to humans. (en.wikipedia.org) Although it looks fearsome, the Kapre is somewhat of a gentle giant, and may make contact with humans for friendship or companionship. It also loves to play pranks, and will occasionally disorient people in its forest. (en.wikipedia.org) It smokes a large pipe from the top of a tree, and it’s said that the embers from the pipe are actually fireflies. (en.wikipedia.org)
Wishmaster by Nightwish from the album “Wishmaster” 2000 (info about album year from en.wikipedia.org) Are you guys ready to headbang?! I sure hope so! This Symphonic Metal epic is one of my favorite Nightwish songs, and it completely rocks! It starts with awesome operatic vocals, and then the drums and guitars start playing. The female singer, Tarja Turunen has an extremely powerful set of pipes ,and her vocals are both beautiful and full of energy. I throughly enjoy this piece, not only for the amazing singing, but for the fantastic instruments and incredibly catchy chorus. Tell me what you think of the piece in the comments section below.
Happy Listening 😀 AND ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!
Million Town by William Orbit from the album ” Strange Cargo Hinterland” 1995 (info about album date from en.wikipedia.org) Ah yes, another wonderful piece of music from the impeccable William Orbit. This is the first song on the album, and it sets you up for the Electronic journey that will blow you away! It starts with a very quiet guitar strumming for about 32 seconds, and then the ambient synthesizer starts to play. This song is everything that an Electronic piece should be, and it will put you in a trance. I really hope that you guys will enjoy this piece, and be sure to tell me what you think about it in the comments section below.
Happy Listening 😀
Hello fellow Entomologists! It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means! Yes, it’s time to add 2 more insects to the weekly post. I hope you guys are ready for some weird and amazing creatures. Now, grab a notepad and let’s get started!
- What the heck is this monstrosity! Brazilian Treehopper (Bocydium globulare) (info about name from darkroastedblend.com) The Brazilian Treehopper is one of the most bizarre and grotesque insects on the planet. (darkroastedblend.com) They are usually brown in color, and have very strange, spherical, spiky appendages protruding from their backs. (listverse.com) This supposedly make it difficult to consume. (listverse.com) I think that definitely has to be one of the “freaks” of the insect world!
- BANG! All hail the king of ants! Bullet Ant (Paraponera clavata) (info about scientific name from en.wikipedia.org) The Bullet Ant is a small, but very dangerous insect that is found in lowland Nicaraguan rainforests and in the extreme east of Honduras. (en.wikipedia.org) The insect gets its name from its extremely painful sting that’s said to be equal to getting shot. (en.wikipedia.org) The sting is at the top of the Schmidt sting pain index, at a 4+ ranking. (en.wikipedia.org) These insects are used for the initiation ceremony of the Satere-Mawe tribe of Brazil. (en.wikipedia.org) The ceremony is used to transform boys into warriors. (en.wikipedia.org) The insects are woven into a glove that the boy is forced to wear for 10 minutes! (en.wikipedia.org) The poor boy must endure this torture 20 times to complete the ceremony. (en.wikipedia.org)
Spaceman by The Killers from the album “Day & Age (Deluxe Version)” 2008: Ah yes, one of my favorite Killers songs. I can’t believe that this song is already 7 years old! It has everything, catchy vocals, awesome instruments, and an epic chorus. It starts with a celestial-sounding synthesizer, and then the vocals, guitar, and drums start playing. The piece is filled with interesting imagery and a very hummable chorus. I highly recommend this piece to absolutely everyone. Tell me what you think about it in the comments section below.
Happy Listening 😀
Hello fellow art lovers! It’s Monday, and you know what means! Yes, it’s time for me to share some of my favorite artworks with you wonderful people. I hope that you guys will enjoy this post, and be sure to tell me what you think of it in the comments section below. Now, let’s get started!
- Japanese Apricot 2 by Chiho Aoshima 2000 Inkjet print on paper: Here we have a very beautiful, yet unsettling painting from Japan. It’s a seemingly serene nature scene with amazingly detailed flower petals, a huge tree, and a sublime pink sky. The painting turns a bit dark when you see the worried, nude, girl tied to the tree. There’s also 3 birds that are staring at the woman. I personally love the combination of beauty and wariness. In conclusion, this is both a sublime and disturbing piece of Japanese art.
- Notary by Jean-Michel Basquiat 1983 Acrylic, oil paintstick, and paper collage on canvas mounted on wood supports, three panels: Good old Basquiat, you never cease to amaze me! This piece is a giant, three panel Abstract masterpiece! The first panel, has many random words scrawled on it, as well as three speakers, and one half of a life preserver. The second panel, has two of his famous “heads”, random numbers and words, and the other half of the life preserver. The first head is pale, and looks very similar to a skull. The second head, is even more skeletal, accompanied by half of a body, and a long orange spine. The last panel, has more random words and splotches of multicolored paint. I love this piece so much, and I hope that you guys will enjoy it too.