Venice Beach by The Egg: This song is one of the most beautiful pieces of music that I have ever heard! I usually listen to XM Chill whenever I am in the car, and when I first heard this song, I was blown away at how calming it was. It is a slow-beat Electronic piece that has an amazing harmonica solo in the middle of it. It can easily put you to sleep and it never gets overplayed. You can listen to this at pretty much anytime, and feel the stress of the day fade right away! It is also available on iTunes, so get it as soon as you can, you won’t be disappointed!
- Power of prehensile hair! Hari-onago: The Hari-onago is a beautiful, but deadly creature of Japanese folklore. It appears as an ordinary woman with untidy hair. (yokai.com) However, if you look close enough, you can see that each of the hairs is outfitted with an incredibly sharp hook. (yokai.com) The Hari-onago mainly preys on single men that walk along dark alleyways at night. (yokai.com) When approached, the Hari-onago will smile shyly, and “if the smile is returned, she attacks”! (yokai.com) She lets her hair go wild, and it rips apart the defenceless victim with great speed. (yokai.com) The only way to stop a Hari-onago is to outrun it back home and to wait until sunrise to go back outside. (yokai.com)
- LSD? Mismagius Pokemon Diamond Pokedex entry: Its cries sound like incantations. Those hearing it are tormented by headaches and hallucinations. (A bit creppy eh?)
- Ah Pretty AHHHH! Beautifly Pokemon Diamond Pokedex entry: It has an aggressive nature. It STABS prey with its long, narrow mouth to drain the prey’s fluids. (O_OX10)
- Arachnophobes beware! Galvantula Pokemon White Pokedex entry: “They employ an electrically charged web to trap their prey. While it is immobilized by shock, they leisurely consume it.” (bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net) (How shockingly horrific!)
The Driver by Savlonic: I bet some of you are familiar with Mr. Weebl, but if you are not, let me give you a quick history lesson. Weebl became famous on the internet from his video Badger Badger Badger. He then went on to make annoyingly catchy songs on the internet. A few years ago, he decided to form a band with his wife and his friend, and thus the Electronic band, “Savlonic”, was born. This song by the band is one of my favorites. It starts out as a epic beat, and then transforms into an Techno-style song about love. It is highly recommended by me, and their first album, “Red”, is available on iTunes. Happy listening! 😀
- You spin me! The Chrysalis is an incredibly peculiar instrument. It was invented by Cris Forster in the late 1970’s. (oddmusic.com) When played, the Chrysalis is said to sound like the wind. (oddmusic.com) It is spherical in shape, and comes equipped with 2 circuit boards and 82 strings on each side. (oddmusic.com)
- Ska8ter Boi! The Skatar is an instrument and a canadate for the X Games! It plays just like a regular guitar, however, there is a major difference! Unlike a regular guitar that is made out of wood, the Skatar is made from a skateboard! (oddmusic.com) It is played by Keith Irish of the punk band “Punk as a Doornail. (oddmusic.com)
- Light up the darkness! If you dream about a lamppost, it can mean multiple things. It first can mean that some “light needs to be shed on a dark situation.” (dreammoods.com) It also can mean that you are trying to get out of a state of depression. (dreammoods.com)
- Wah Wah Wah! To dream about tumbleweeds means that you are feeling “empty or lonely inside.” (dreammoods.com) It can also be a symbol for the “passage of time.” (dreammoods.com)
- Saw Head! To dream about having a mohawk can mean something pretty interesting. It represents “non-conventional thinking”. (dreammoods.com) You need to reshape your way of thinking about certain things. (dreammoods.com)
5. The Pretender by Infected Mushroom: This strange little track is a remix of the Foo Fighters song, “The Pretender.” It takes the Rock song, and gives it an awesome Electronic twist. For those who love Techno music, this is right up your alley. My favorite part of the piece comes around 3:15 mark. The chorus comes in and starts evolving into an incredibly catchy beat! I love this piece to death! Tell me what you think in the comment section below.