- It isn’t strange to eat rice with every meal, including breakfast. (factsaboutjapan.com)
- In Japan, more paper is used for manga than toilet paper! (sleepinggeeks.com)
- Slurrrp! This one is one of my favorites. When eating ramen, or other noodle dishes in Japan, you must slurp them loudly and as noisily as possible. This is not only a sign that the meal is delicious, but it is considered rude not to! (theblot.com) Ramen wa daisuki dai yo!
- Girl Power: Many of the most successful manga artists are female!
- Sumo Wrestlers eat a hearty stew called Chankonabe to fatten up their bodies. (factsaboutjapan.com)
- Karaoke translates to “empty orchestra” in Japanese. (factsaboutjapan.com)
- Geishas were originally men! (roughguides.com)